Thursday, March 15, 2012

Halloween

I think I'm officially at the age where Halloween is not exciting.  Paying for an expensive costume, hanging out in a loud crowded bar, eating too much candy I feel sick for a week.  No thank you. I will however be excited for Halloween when I have kids.  And since I am borrowing two kids for the next year, this past Halloween was pretty fun.  

Halloween is also not widely celebrated in Switzerland.  Surprised?  Even Anna's International School didn't have a Halloween related event until the week after.  But the day of she did get to dress up which was the most important thing.  And a few friends who are American decided they would trick or treat at each others houses.  We also carved pumpkins and made ghosts out of tissue paper and hung them around the house.   And I roasted those pumpkin seeds which were delicious.




Andrew was not as excited for his costume.


1 comment:

  1. CUTE costumes!! Is it just the picture or is that pumpkin unusually reddish on the inside?

    ReplyDelete