Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Lovely Dinner

Occasionally Jim does romantic things like bring me flowers and Champagne for no reason. And occasionally on the same day I end up making a delicious dinner and the weather is just perfect for sitting outside on the balcony. Almost always there is a cheese course.




"Talapia" with Asparagus and Herb Couscous

2 Pieces of Talapia or other white "non-fishy" fish (I did not have talapia, I can't remember the name but it is similar)
500g of Asparagus (I prefer the thin kind)
250g of Couscous

Preheat oven to 180°
Line baking sheet with foil
Place fish on one side of foil and season with salt, pepper and dill
Place asparagus on other side of foil, season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil
Cook for approximately 10-12 min

Prepare couscous based on box instructions.
I usually follow the 1 to 1 ratio. 1 cup of couscous cooked in 1 cup of water or chicken stock or 1/2 beer and 1/2 water...something like that. And before I had an actual measuring cup I would use my cappuccino cup to measure, not always preparing 8 oz. but still following the 1:1.
Once couscous is cooked (approx 5 min after adding to boiling water) add 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
Add chopped mint and parsley
Season with salt and pepper

Remove fish to rest if asparagus needs more time. To check fish for done-ness, I cook it until its firm (similar to the feel of the palm of your hand, the same way I check chicken).

Plate fish, asparagus and couscous, top everything with grated Parmesan cheese.
VoilĂ !

1 comment: