Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creux du Van

It was probably a little aggressive to go to the Creux du Van for our first "real" hike, but we had been all talk about hiking and Dorothy and Bob persuaded us, so we took the opportunity. 

height profile for the hike.  total change in elevation - 950 meters

The entire 14km took us just under 6 hours, and I could barely move the next day.  But it hooked me on hiking.  I was slightly sad we waited so long to get started, but this year we'll make up for it.



The hike started from the Noiraigue train station, there we took a group photo to prove that we did like each other before the hike started. 



Toblerone line at the start of the hike



walked up this path for about an hour...on the same incline


sometimes the trail takes you through farms



GOAT!

first site of the Creux du Van












time to go down


Its hard to see a full view of the Creux du Van from the bottom, but essentially we walked up the mountain from the far right of the picture above then across the top to the left and down again, circling back to where we started.


victory drinks!


1 comment:

  1. So, I just read all about the Toblerone line and that's VERY cool!

    These are such beautiful shots! Looks like a wonderful hike. I hope this year to get Naomi really into hiking because I really miss it (and am SO out of shape... In college I was a hiking fool) and I wanna get Naomi hooked too.

    Yay' goat!! And I love that a hiking trail takes you through farms. So fun!

    ReplyDelete