Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolat = Bonheur



Chocolate = Happiness

September was when Jim and I took a day trip to Gruyeres to check out the Cailler factory and tour. François-Louis Cailler was the first Swiss producer of chocolate and the Cailler factory is one of the oldest in the country.  Cailler can be found in most grocery stores and is widely available.  I would say its the Hershey's of Switzerland (minus the theme park and plus a whole lot more delicious).  


Cocoa beans from Ghana - You could try them, they were delicious


Almonds on the left, hazelnuts on the right. Delicious

 








Tasting room


I tried to taste each one.  I made it halfway around before I had to be more selective.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, very cool!! I wanna taste cocoa beans from Ghana!

    I love how there are a bunch of things to try, just laying out. Americans are so greedy, there aren't just free-for-all tables of stuff at factories.

    ReplyDelete