Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Best Purchase Ever

(Insert angels singing here)

That's right we are proud owners of a Nespresso. Yipee :)
This little beauty delivers single cups of heaven whenever I like, and I couldn't be happier.

Lets rewind for a minute. As long as I have known Jim he has never liked coffee. He likes those Dunkin' Donuts Dunkaccinos which I think are actually coffee flavored sugar or chai or anything from Starbucks that has chocolate and not coffee. Do you see the theme? Sugar yes, chocolate good, coffee no. And it wasn't like he didn't like to to just drink it, but he didn't like the smell either. For 2 years I'd been asking for a Keurig for home, but to no avail. I managed to survive though. So I was more than surprised when last year in Paris, Jim insisted we go out for coffee. He even drank cafe au lait almost every morning at the hotel for breakfast. He actually enjoyed drinking coffee.

Last year when Jim moved to Switzerland he started again on the coffee but this time it was Nespresso. I had never heard of this, maybe I was living in a box or something but to my knowledge Nespresso in the US is a relatively new thing. Jim started drinking them at work and the concept is similar to Keurig. Nespresso makes single serving espresso or lungo. And they are quite tasty.
After I arrived in April we spent the first Saturday shopping and checking out the different machines and drinking samples. We decided to wait a little while since we really needed other things more than a glorified coffee maker.
The waiting lasted 2 weeks.



We chose the Nespresso Pixie which actually comes in 6 colors. I was tempted by the lime but we went with aluminum, that way no matter what kitchen decor we have in the future it'll match. I'm a thinker.






The Nespresso machines take single capsules in 16 flavors, and 3 or 4 times a year there is a limited addition flavor. You can only buy the capsules online or at an authorized Nespresso store. Even though they sell the machines at a number of other retailers, you can't get the capsules there. No biggie though, there are a few Nespresso stores in Geneva and when we move back to the US we'll just place orders online. Capsules come in packs of 10 for about $5 so it's easy to order a bunch at once.




Finally coffee at my fingertips just like it was meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness something like this could turn me into a coffee drinker... how cool!!!! only I would have to choose a color... I don't care if it clashes!

    ReplyDelete