Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The lovely sound of English

Towards the end of April Jim and I got the closest to America with out crossing the Atlantic that we had been all year.  And I got to cross another country off my list.  

It's London!

I was pretty excited to see London for the first time, and after a few months hearing non-stop French, I was REALLY excited to hear English.  I can't explain the joy.  Being able to read a menu completely, order anything, get a haircut without being scared of the outcome, eat, and eat and eat.  Not to mention we were seeing some friends from the US during the weekend and spending time at the incredible Queen's Club.

view of Gloucester Road from our apartment





the lawn at Queen's club

 


























Jim playing real tennis


























drinks and desserts from Tom's Kitchen






























1 comment: