Thursday, February 23, 2012

Strasbourg, France

Despite our rainy road trip to Strasbourg, we made it to the hotel in about 4 hours.  There was little time for resting since we were just spending one night.  So we dropped off our things and headed out to see the city.  It was a little dreary but it didn't keep us from spending a few hours walking the town.  When the rain picked up we went into the Cathedral de Notre-Dame.  When the rain slowed we walked the streets and found a few shops to check out.  And after that we found a Belgian bar to relax and have a few drinks before heading back to the hotel before dinner. 




















I think Strasbourg is one of my favorite cities so far. Even though it was cloudy and rainy the German style architecture and the massive Gothic Cathedral were beautiful. And since it is France everyone speaks French which for me was great. German confuses me and I barely know 4 words. At least I can work my way around with French. The region is also famous for some really delicious wine like Rieslings and Gewurztraminer and I hear they also have a wonderful Christmas market.  We don't have any plans to visit Strasbourg again, but I highly recommend it if you get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so beautiful all rainy! And I see Jim shares my awesome talent- hold out a camera and take great self portraits. :)

    ReplyDelete